Friday, May 22, 2009

Birthdays!!! We All Have Them...

We celebrated Kirk's 32nd birthday on Saturday, May 16, 2009. This day brought back a lot of memories. Kirk was our first baby. We were so happy to be a mom and dad. He is such an amazing person. I am so proud of him and the things he is doing in his life. He is a wonderful son, brother, husband and friend. He has taken on the responsibility of man of the house since Doug passed away. He has helped me in so many ways, physically and mentally. Kirk, I LOVE YOU!! We BBQ'd, visited, ate cake and ice cream and played Acquire.

Yes, Kirk, there are 32 candles on that cake...

Alex, Jarrett, Laci...and Zoe

Andrew...


















Conner...

















Jeff is planting a garden in the backyard. He is a very motivated, hard worker. He has had to spade, screen out the gravel, as we had put gravel there in the past, rake, level, rake some more and bring in peat moss. All this to get ready to plant.
He is such a hard worker and I am looking forward to having fresh vegetables. Today is Doug's birthday. He would be 55 years old. I went to the cemetery this morning to clean up his headstone and to put flowers and balloons on his grave site. This too has been a day full of memories. He celebrated 51 birthdays in his life and he earned every one of them.
I miss him. I miss him getting ready for work in the morning. I miss HIS calls. I miss him coming home from work only to go to work at a side job for many hours several nights a week to provide for us. I miss HIS Sunday roast beef, potatoes and gravy. I miss HIS microwave potatoes and potatoes with sausage. I miss HIS BBQ steaks, mushrooms and shrimp. I miss his kindness and thoughtfulness. I just MISS him. We all do. What we can do is live our lives in a way that we will be able to see him again one day. I love and miss you Doug.